God's Purpose: Peace and Life
God loves you and wants you to experience peace and life – abundant and eternal. These are God’s words to you: Romans 5:1, John 3:16, John 10:10
Since God planned for us to have peace and the abundant life right now, why are most people not having this experience?
Our Problem: Separation
God created us in His own image to have an abundant life. He did not make us as robots to automatically love and obey Him, but gave us a will and a freedom of choice. We chose to disobey God and go our own willful way. We still make this choice today. This results in separation from God. Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23
We are separated from God. Through the ages, individuals have tried in many ways to bridge this gap... without success... Proverbs 14:12, Isaiah 59:2
There is only one remedy for this problem of separation.
God's Remedy: The Cross
Jesus Christ is the only answer to this problem. He died on the cross and rose from the grave, paying the penalty for our sin and bridging the gap between God and people. 1 Timothy 2:5, 1 Peter 3:18a, Romans 5:8
God has provided the only way...
God's Provision: Jesus Christ
We must trust Jesus Christ and receive Him by personal invitation. The Bible says,
"...if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9
"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name." John 1:12
Is there any good reason why you cannot receive Jesus Christ right now?
How to receive Christ:
1. Admit your need (I am a sinner).
2. Be willing to turn from your sins (repent).
3. Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the cross and rose from the grave.
4. Through prayer, invite Jesus Christ to come in and control your life through the Holy Spirit. (Receive Him as Lord and Savior.)
What to Pray:
Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and need Your forgiveness. I believe that You died for my sins. I want to turn from my sins. I now invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as Lord and Savior. In Jesus' name. Amen.
God's Assurance: His Word
If you prayed this prayer, the Bible says whoever calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved. Romans 10:13
Did you sincerely ask Jesus Christ to come into your life? Ephesians 2:8-9, 1 John 5:12-13
Receiving Christ, we are born into God's family through the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit who indwells every believer... this is called regeneration or the "new birth."
God's Plan: Get Started
This is just the beginning of a wonderful new life in Christ. To deepen this relationship you should:
1. Tell us about your decision. Email
2. Read your Bible every day to know Christ better.
3. Talk to God in prayer every day, throughout the day.
4. Tell others about Christ.
5. Worship, fellowship, and serve with other Christians in a church where Christ is preached.
6. Become involved in a Bible study.
7. Demonstrate your new life by your love and concern for others, as Christ's representative in a needy world.